The Broadcast Educators Association of Canada is dedicated to the professional development of faculty and administrators in Radio, Television, Broadcast Journalism and New Media programs in provincially accredited colleges and universities in Canada.
In pursuit of collegiality and excellence, the BEAC holds a yearly Professional Development Conference, administers the BEAC National Awards program for students, recognizes broadcast and media industry leaders who contribute to broadcast education, provides a forum for the exchange of ideas among members, fosters and maintains close ties to industry organizations and associations such the CAB, RTNDA, and Provincial Broadcast Associations.
The Corporation is a national non-profit organization which provides a forum to reflect on and to respond collectively to issues and directions relevant to individual, institutional and industry needs.
Our vision is to be collaborative with industry and its associations such that our mandate is consistent with future human resource and technological changes
We envision the association as a forum for the exchange of innovative concepts and techniques to enhance the employability of our clients
The specifics of the following values are:
- Integrity – accountability to the membership with a commitment to no hidden agendas.
- Quality – achieving or exceeding measurable industry standards.
- Sensitivity – responsive to the diverse needs of individual members and relevant stakeholders.
- Collegiality – inclusion through consensus in the decision making process.
- Entrepreneurship – flexible and progressive in our initiatives.
We are a national association with a focus towards the following objectives:
- to promote personal and professional development within our membership
- to forge networking and alliances with relevant stakeholders
- to reflect the collective direction of our members to external agencies.
- to be proactive in our role within the global community.
- to encourage shared communications among all constituents
- to provide an atmosphere for social interaction